By Dr. K Manivannan
Dr. K Manivannan chiefly prominent as a stickler for quality, team builder and a natural motivator with undying perseverance and integrity. Complemented with these qualities Dr. K Manivannan’s excellent communication skills and leadership qualities have earned him several headship and management positions globally and in India.
Revenue generation opportunities for colleges
The online higher education market was valued at INR 5.01 Bn in 2018 and is expected to reach INR 40.63 Bn by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of ~40.74% during the 2019-2024 period.
(Source: ResearchAndMarkets.com )
Institutions will have the option to run Open Distance Learning (ODL) and online programs, provided they are accredited to do so, in order to enhance their offerings, improve access, increase GER, and provide opportunities for lifelong learning (SDG 4).
Continuing academic services amidst COVID-19
- Cost-effective online learning Solutions
- Conduct academic activities online
- Creative pedagogy methods (flipped learning, activity & assessment-based education increases student engagement
Enhance academic service offerings
- Improve student outcomes by providing over-the-top services to ensure academic success.
- Create a technology ecosystem for students to promote vocational courses, entrepreneurship & Skill Development
- Supports outcome-based education
Value to Academic Stakeholders
- ICT enabled education provides cost-effective learning solutions and interactive course modules
- Self-pace, micro-credential courses, and skill-based learning options
- Mobile-enabled learning
- Supports learning for life
- National Education Policy 2020 Compliance
Technologies Enabling Blended Learning
- Virtual / Augmented / Mixed Reality
- Touchless Sensing
- Big Data Analytics
- 3D Printing
- Cloud Computing
Changes to act upon to leverage the opportunity
Digital transformation of Colleges/UniversitiesFaculty Development Programs on innovative pedagogy methods to conduct academic services online and adapt to blended mode of learning
Upgrade Institution’s IT infrastructure to facilitate online learning
Academic peers must collaborate to co-create content for online learning
Academic Institutions must strengthen their industry collaborations
Adapt to design thinking & outcome-based education